An Imaginary Interview of me with Any Fashion Magazine.
- How did you get Interested in modeling? –Rivalry between Siblings
- What has been your experience in the Modeling Industry? –Insurmountable, like I am flighty and could never actualize such ambitions.
- What makes you unique as a model in present day? – I blend ideas and colors that express my excitable nature, and my unquenchable desire to see possibility, in the stories my photo shoots tell. I bring the page to life!
- Do you have anything about yourself you want to reveal in a photo shoot, that you have not done, so far? – Yes, my brain surgery scars, the range of my emotions
- A current topic floating quite quickly through the modeling world is Ableism, and Tokenism, where do you stand on this topic? – I stand with the models, who feel misrepresented. I am plus sized, I am scarred. I first tried to model when I was 16, and no one wanted any part of me. At a photo shoot, I had two make up artists make a mockery of my presence, without justification or explanation. They rattled me, with their insulting behavior, and made me feel small in a way no one should ever feel. In the elevator they whispered and pointed at me, And It was everything I could do not, to pour tears with a big ugly cry hissy fit. I was wanting to model so I could show people, I had beauty, even if it only was seen in my kindness. It was the worst, and I didn’t know how to stand up for myself.
- If you could change one thing about modeling in present day, what would it be and why? – I could say pay, because that is a given if you are not a house name yet, but honestly. It’s the tearing down of creative thought…that if you get the big cheese, you have to wear it….and stand naked in NYC with steaks or cheese as your nipple tassels, and grass skirt, and be franker, in a strong but empathic way, about how they discuss serious issues. The modeling industry tears people down, often driving them to suicide…AND THEY GET AWAY WITH IT, every day. I would just make fashion more accountable to their consumers…WE THE CONSUMERS MAKE THEM A SUCCESS … A HOUSE NAME!!!!! The designers should be saying” Hey, you earned that dollar, and spent it on my work, thank you! We are here for you! This world is yours, too!” #THEFASHIONHERO
So I have had this dream in life to one day be famous so I can advocate on a global scale for causes I Believe in, like beauty inclusion, advocacy for mental health, animal rights, and the 16 year old , crying on my last night of 15, because I wanted so badly to die. Because this joyful news, is worth overcoming all the obstacles for!!!!! The reality Tv series I so badly have wanted to be a part of for so long shared fantastic news with me, today! Have a little ok, because my words can’t do it justice!!! At 39 years old… I’m going to be a mover and a shaker in the body positive movement!!!! So watch out world…I’m not done yet! Follow me and the rest of the contestants at The Fashion Hero @TheFashionHero or #TheFashionHero #Thank you God, I’m one step closer!!!!!
My husband and I celebrated 8 years Married on the 9th, and I’m convinced that with the appropriate attitude, arranged marriages can result in a lifetime of love. My husband and I have been together 14 years. I moved in with him on our second date, and three weeks later, I was doing our laundry and learned his last name. He took me to get birth control, for the first time, when I was 25. The doctor burst in, joking that I was pregnant, and I knew I couldn’t be. For years I did everything in my power to run him off, even canceling our engagement the first two times, and making him pledge a year of marriage counseling and a 4th proposal, and then I would say yes. On our wedding day, even after we got through all of my pre-requesits, I got col feet, and told my mom, I wanted to run… She gave me the worst possible marriage advice. She said ” you gotta go through with it,. You can always get a divorce,” over 8 years, a tonsillectomy, a hysterectomy, and 3 hospitalizations for acute anxiety unresolved anger, and unmanaged bipolar(on my part.) He still loves me, and accepts me, and doesn’t want to be in the world without me! I’m astonished! We have a beautiful puppy dog baby, for child. We have an adorable house, on a wonderful street, and I am in between a few Completely different issues now. I’m unemployed. I’m wanting to travel abroad, and publish, books! He smiles, and says Yes! We, don’t go through life pretending to be fake people in 1950’s sitcom, like on WandaVision, and our year of marriage counseling, helped me develop a backbone… You know, hold my own in an argument. Since, I became unemployed, my car was totaled, and we both had a pretty bad case of Covid! After, all of this ,we really needed this trip! We took a road trip to Columbia, South Carolina. It was absolutely gorgeous, perfect weather, fabulous food, a wonderful Zoo, and a great sitter from Rover , for our puppy! We went to Aiken, Sc, for one day to see my aunt, and it was just as beautiful! Everyday, until yesterday, I wanted to know the surprise, he had planned for us, and when it was happening, it didn’t even occur to me to ask. As soon as I put two and two together, I was overjoyed. He took me to Lake Murray, in Lexington, South Carolina to add a lock to the fence, as an outward expression of our love. We also went to a delightful Zoo, and the Columbia Art Museum. When it was time to come home, I was ready, for only two reasons, we need to still earn money, and I needed to be where I am, right now… In my bed with my husband and my dog… Love can be such a wonderful adventure! #8YearsMarried #LoveIsAnAdventure #TheFashionHero
Subscribe to Blog via Email
To subscribe to my site and get notified of new posts I publish via email, you can go to the very bottom of the site and enter your email address where it says “Subscribe to Blog via Email”
“God never promised happiness, after all the pain, but gifted us with rainbows when our eyes poured out the rain. If I could start again tomorrow, pick a brand new life, I hope that in my last breath, I hear you call me wife. “- LB 8 years and still going strong! “#TheFashionHero”